Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Being comfortable and happy...

“My life after cowboy boots” is basically going to cover my life after my 32nd birthday. Welcome to the not so wild ride that is my life.

Here’s the main thing that you need to know about me:
          -I am a full-time wife and mom who works full-time outside the home and goes to school (finishing my Bachelor’s degree) part-time.
Keep this in mind when you read the rest of this.

I have lived in the South my whole life and while I have always wanted a pair of cowboy boots, I never went and got any. Why? I don’t know. I just never did. For my 32nd birthday, my husband took me to Boot Barn and I found a pair that I just fell in love with. I walked out of the store in them. According to Jeff Foxworthy, I “might be a redneck…” I have worn them almost every day since then and they are the most comfortable thing that I own. While wearing them one day I thought. “If only everything in my life could be this comfortable”. That was when I decided that I was going to start making decisions that allowed for me to be comfortable with what I had going on in my life and I am not going to allow anyone or anything to stop me.

Here’s the problem with living my life and not caring about what anyone else thinks…I am a people-pleaser. Almost to a fault. I want everyone around me to be comfortable and happy, even if I am miserable making it happen. I have always tried to put everyone in front of me first and I spend as little time and effort on myself as I can. With my new found thoughts on making sure that I am happy, I am having to do something that I haven’t done in a long time…put myself first. Take care of myself first. It feels like I am being selfish. And this is one of things that I am going to have to get over. I am going to have to learn where the right balance is of taking care of myself and being selfish. I hope that I am able to balance it correctly.

Even while I sit and write this, I’m hoping that I don’t upset someone when they read it…if they read it.

Another aspect of making sure that I am happy is that I want to lose weight. It is one of my biggest goals for this year. And I have a lot of weight to lose…more than 100 pounds. I am hoping that by having this blog, I will be held accountable to my goal. Once I am finally comfortable with sharing how much I weigh, I will post it on here.

Alright…I have already talked about myself more here than I normally do, so I will end this with this final thought:

Being happy is not a crime. Being happy is one of the best things that you can do for yourself. Look around you, count your blessings and thank God for what you have in your life that makes you happy. And know that the rest of it will work out in the end!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Most women feel the same way you do. Our "social masks" don't "allow" us share what we as women are really feeling. So it leaves us to feel as if we're alone. And we're not. Thank you for being bold enough to share how you're feeling. And the weight loss/gain is another issue that we each deal with but don't share. Love you and thank you for sharing what most of us don't share publicly. Many of us are with you. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete