That being said, why the change? Truthfully because I am so tired of being plus sized. I am tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what I see!
My doctor, who is the best in the world, and I feel that my goal weight is very fair and practical and every time I see him, he wants to know what he can do to help me with my weight loss goal. I have never once been made to feel like he is disgusted with me or the way I look and I feel that he genuinely cares about my health and well-being. So...we have a plan:
-1,200 calories a day (pretty self-explanatory)
-Metformin at dinner time (a medication that is typically prescribed to those who are either pre-diabetic or are diabetic; it will keep my body from absorbing the carbs from the food that I eat)(diagnosed pre-diabetic last year)
-16 ounces of water before every meal (to keep me hydrated and to keep me from eating as much at each meal)
-and some kind of exercise every day (again, pretty self-explanatory)
There are two reasons for my weight loss journey:
1) get to a healthy weight &
2) prove to myself that I can do it.
I know that I can handle a few things on my plate. I am a wife and mother. I work full time. I go to school part time. I make time for family and friends. I keep up with the schedule of the three people and one dog in this house. I try to remember birthdays for family members and if I remember early enough...try to get cards in the mail. So, what's one more thing? We'll see how this goes.
I was last at my doctor's office on December 8th and that was starting weight. Since December 8th, I have lost 6 pounds. I weigh in on Fridays, so my weight loss updates will most likely be over the weekend.
My one class (so far) this semester is going to be an English Lit class for my minor and it is all online! I'm taking "Later British Lit" and the four books plus other readings include: Great Expectations; Secret Sharer; Waiting for Godot and one other whose name escapes me at the moment. I am looking forward to this, but I am wondering how I am going to get 4 books, plus other readings, plus discussion boards, plus quizzes, plus journals, plus...well you get the point...done. Time management is going to be of the utmost importance this semester.
But...I think I have found a way to incorporate reading and working out...read while on the treadmill. Set the level and intensity, put in some earbuds with either my Celtic Women or Enya stations and read two full chapters before I get off. I wonder how much I am going to sweat before two chapters are through. Then if I am feeling brave enough...I will attempt the stair master. Ummm...we'll see about that.
I really hope I can come up with a schedule that will allow me to get all of my school work done before it is due, get my work-outs in and still be able to keep you updated on what's going on with me.
Please remember that this is me being me. I love comments, but please keep the nasty ones to yourself. I really don't want to hear them or read them.
Until next time...
My doctor, who is the best in the world, and I feel that my goal weight is very fair and practical and every time I see him, he wants to know what he can do to help me with my weight loss goal. I have never once been made to feel like he is disgusted with me or the way I look and I feel that he genuinely cares about my health and well-being. So...we have a plan:
-1,200 calories a day (pretty self-explanatory)
-Metformin at dinner time (a medication that is typically prescribed to those who are either pre-diabetic or are diabetic; it will keep my body from absorbing the carbs from the food that I eat)(diagnosed pre-diabetic last year)
-16 ounces of water before every meal (to keep me hydrated and to keep me from eating as much at each meal)
-and some kind of exercise every day (again, pretty self-explanatory)
There are two reasons for my weight loss journey:
1) get to a healthy weight &
2) prove to myself that I can do it.
I know that I can handle a few things on my plate. I am a wife and mother. I work full time. I go to school part time. I make time for family and friends. I keep up with the schedule of the three people and one dog in this house. I try to remember birthdays for family members and if I remember early enough...try to get cards in the mail. So, what's one more thing? We'll see how this goes.
I was last at my doctor's office on December 8th and that was starting weight. Since December 8th, I have lost 6 pounds. I weigh in on Fridays, so my weight loss updates will most likely be over the weekend.
My one class (so far) this semester is going to be an English Lit class for my minor and it is all online! I'm taking "Later British Lit" and the four books plus other readings include: Great Expectations; Secret Sharer; Waiting for Godot and one other whose name escapes me at the moment. I am looking forward to this, but I am wondering how I am going to get 4 books, plus other readings, plus discussion boards, plus quizzes, plus journals, plus...well you get the point...done. Time management is going to be of the utmost importance this semester.
But...I think I have found a way to incorporate reading and working out...read while on the treadmill. Set the level and intensity, put in some earbuds with either my Celtic Women or Enya stations and read two full chapters before I get off. I wonder how much I am going to sweat before two chapters are through. Then if I am feeling brave enough...I will attempt the stair master. Ummm...we'll see about that.
I really hope I can come up with a schedule that will allow me to get all of my school work done before it is due, get my work-outs in and still be able to keep you updated on what's going on with me.
Please remember that this is me being me. I love comments, but please keep the nasty ones to yourself. I really don't want to hear them or read them.
Until next time...
You go, girl! Good article, and, a most reasonable plan of action. It's so important to have a doctor that you connect with. I know. It took me years and years to find one but, he was worth the wait. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteGood, caring doctors are the best!
DeleteYou got this Katy! Nice plans for yourself.
ReplyDeleteNiece, you are on the right track. The first one being taking the steps in the right direction. Super proud of you for being brave and declaring your plan of action. I know you can do this. Keep journaling your journey as you have done here, and it will boost your motivation even more as you see your progress unfold, and also how you will inspire so many who need that encouragement and hope....me being one of them. Thank you and God Bless.
ReplyDeleteThank you Tio! I never thought of myself as an inspiration. I am just writing to write.
Delete